If you are reading this since you are intrigued to know about SAGS then you are tagged.
And YES. I have sinned against gender stereotypes again and again and again.
I had been tagged before but I was in no mood to confess.Sorry!
But now that I've been tagged once again I seem to be compelled to go ahead and spill it all out. :)
My list of Sins Against Gender Stereotypes, I confess herein below:
1. Though I went to an all girls Convent school and College, I have always been a hardcore TomBoy.
My Chaddi Buddys were two brothers and they were my closest friends till I entered my teens. I literally grew up like one of their kind. My only name-sake 'girl' friends were twins and I was never on their wavelengths. I hated it when the two sisters got into cat-fights and I had to act like their refree.
2. As a kid I was a dark, tall and lanky girl sporting a boy cut. So I easily gelled in with the guys and people who didnt know us mostly never noticed that I was a girl playing with the boys.The game I have thoroughly enjoyed as a kid was 'Gully Cricket' with my boy gang. I stood taller than most boys of my age and often managed to boss over them. I was thus always the Captain of my cricket team.
3. I have a huge collection of HotWheels Cars with a petrol pump set up and garage. I still treasure them. I hated Barbie dolls but did possess 3 out of peer pressure from those twins. I felt very silly though attending the girl's Barbie Doll partys.
4. I had never entered the kitchen until after my mother passed away. When she was around I dint help her in the kitchen at all. In fact I dint even know how the gas knobs were operated and was clueless about boiling water too.
6. I adore Men's perfumes and after shave lotions more than the girly floral ones.
7. I dont like wearing punjabi suits excpet for extremely ethnic occassions like at Diwali. I still dont know how to drape the saree on my own and thus I dont prefer wearing one to weddings.
8. I hate to gossip with the gals and feel left out when there is too much girly chatter around since I can never contribute much. My topics of discussion and interest still remain guyish till date, mostly cars, cell phones, etc.
9. I hate to attend kitty partys and regret attending the few pajama partys I'd attended in my school days.
10. At partys you'll find me grooving BINDASS to the music. I cant be the coy, demure, seductive girl on the dance floor. I love to ROCK it!!!
11. I love Black Stallions and dream of learning to ride a horse some day and maybe own a ranch myself! :))
This Tag is open to all my readers. Go ahead and confess!
Have you SAGS too?