When its cloudy and dark outside, you needn't be gloomy inside.
Bright nail colours are here. Painting your nails with bright Matte colours is IN.
And it is also an instantaneously effective way to lift your spirit on a gloomy, rainy day.
SO if you are at work or stranded at home, see that you have a bottle of one of these colours handy..And paint way...
However see that you are not sporting too loud and disturbing colours on your nails at meetings, conferences and other formal occassions at work. Try mettalic shades of gold, white, bronze and graphite.)
Before, I usually wore nail colours that suited my skin tone, selecting them very cautiously. An they were mostly neutrals and mettalics but this time the trend is to let go off all inhbitions and go wild with these extremely zanny shades. And you may even wear a contrasting colour to your outfit highlighting your fingers, without a care!
This Mango shade is one of the wildest Ive sported this season besides the neon green I dared to wear the other day. You can see one of the other available shades of green on my friends long, fair, slender fingers.
The photographs are not doing full justice. You would find that the nails looked even more awesome if you saw it in person. I tried an electric Blue shade with a single swish of sparkle on top, on my nails the other night. We are both wearing Black and these colourful nails just made us look more chic!
Following these nail trends will give a new lease to your fashion sense and will also speak a lot about your personality. SO go ahead and indulge. Make 'em look more delicious!
1. How did you get one of your scars? Fell while fielding a ball during a cricket match and cut my knee. :D
2. How did you celebrate your last birthday? Partied with family and friends. Its X-mas too you know! :D
3. How are you feeling at this moment? Hungry.
4. How did your night go last night? Disturbed and Sleepless.
5. How did you do in high school? I was elected Captain in the last year!
6. How did you get the shirt you’re wearing? A Red T gifted by an Iranian friend.
7. How often do you see your best friend(s)? After long months of seperation.
8. How much money did you spend last month? I shopped like crazy and have lost count. :(
9. How old do you want to be when you get married? I was 25 when I tied the knot.
10. How old will you be at your next birthday? 1 year older than I was last year, right? :D
1. Your mothers name? Vijaya.
2. What did you do last weekend? Lunched at Touche` The Sizzlers place, Hogged on Baskin Robins Icecreams and then watched KITES on our Home Theatre Set Up. :))
3. What is the most important part of your life? Being loved by the three men in my life- My Father, My Husband and My Son.
4. What would you rather be doing? Playing with Udhi
5. What did you last cry over? Over not getting to join my hubby on an international trip :(
6. What always makes you feel better when you’re upset? Chocolates
7. What’s the most important thing you look for in a significant other? .Sense of humour
8. What are you worried about? My comeback on the career front
9. What did you have for breakfast? Buttered Toast and Masala Chai
1. Have you ever liked someone who had a girlfriend/boyfriend? No. 2. Have you ever had your heartbroken? Yes. 3. Have you ever been out of the country? No. 4. Have you ever done something outrageously dumb? So many many times. LOL 5. Have you ever been back stabbed by a friend? Oh HellYes!! 6. Have you ever had sex on the beach? Sigh!! No. 7. Have you ever dated someone younger than you? No. 8. Have you ever read an entire book in one day? No.
1. Who was the last person you saw? All those around me right now are all human-beings aka persons. 2. Who was the last person you texted? My Hubby ofcrs. :)) 3. Who was the last person you hung out with? My gal pals, just yesterday. 4. Who was the last person to call you? One of my gal pals again.
5. Who did you last hug? My son, Udhi. 6. Who is the last person who texted you? My schoolmate. 7. Who was the last person you said “I love you” to? To Mr. B.B. ofcrs!
1. Where does your best friend(s) live? Mumbai and Pune.
2. Where did you last go? To Shopper's Stop.
3. Where did you last hang out? At Camp, Pune.
4. Where do you go to school? Mahim, Mumbai.
5. Where is your favorite place to be? Home.
6. Where did you sleep last night? What kind of a question is this? At home, in my own bed on the same side, Ofcrs!
1. Do you think anyone likes you? Doesn't anybody like me???
2. Do you ever wish you were someone else? No Ways.
3. Do you know the muffin man? Who's that?
4. Does the future scare you? It could never hold anything as worse as my past!
5. Do your parents know about your blog? My biggest follower is my Pa.
1. Why are you best friends with your best friend? I couldn't be that with any other friend, thats why. How silly! 2. Why did you get into Blogging? To keep in touch with my writing talents and to know if I really got talent?…
3. Why did your parents give you the name you have? Coz my Pa is a great Shirdi Sai Baba devotee 4. Why are you doing this survey? Coz Shilpa Garg tagged me and I couldn't possibly not follow her.
1. If you could have one super power what would it be? To know the truth!
2. If you could go back in time and change one thing, would you? Yes. I would change my mother's life completely and not let her leave me and go so soon.
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could bring 1 thing, what would you bring? My hubby. ;)
1. Would you ever get back together with any of your ex’s if they asked you? NEVER.
2. Would you ever shave your head to save someone you love? Yes, most definitely!
One Last Question
1. Are you happy with your life right now? Oh YEAH!.
You are TAGGED if you've just read this..DON't CHEAT..:D
After that very TomBoyish post I am going girly with pinks now.
It's raining outside and if it isn't raining there's a nice and cool breeze blowing.
Just the right time to dawn a cardigan I say!
I am wearing:
Giordano Baby Pink Cashmere Cardigan,
Striped singlet thrifted from Goa,
Denim Capris from Canton fair at China,
Rado Jubile watch (borrowed from my better half),
Disco bangles- thrifted at F.C.Road, Pune
Gucci replica shoulder bag- Hong Kong
Necklace- thrifted from Fashion Street, Mumbai
White Peep-toes- Sagar Arcade, F.C.Road, Pune.
Originally made in Nimes, France Denims have been in use in America ever since the 18th Century and now Denim Shirts are back in vogue by the trend alert given by my style guru Smrithi Rao at Vintage Obsessions.
So what I promptly did was, salvage my Denim Shirt from the back of my wardrobe and go Retro too.
I decided to team it up with my favpurite pair of fatigues.
I put the look together with Levis Jean Shirt, Rifle Fatigue Pants, Grey Singlet, Tissot Sea Touch Smart Watch, Vintage Silver neck band, Vintage Silver and pearl earrings
If you are reading this since you are intrigued to know about SAGS then you are tagged.
And YES. I have sinned against gender stereotypes again and again and again.
I had been tagged before but I was in no mood to confess.Sorry!
But now that I've been tagged once again I seem to be compelled to go ahead and spill it all out. :)
My list of Sins Against Gender Stereotypes, I confess herein below:
1. Though I went to an all girls Convent school and College, I have always been a hardcore TomBoy.
My Chaddi Buddys were two brothers and they were my closest friends till I entered my teens. I literally grew up like one of their kind. My only name-sake 'girl' friends were twins and I was never on their wavelengths. I hated it when the two sisters got into cat-fights and I had to act like their refree.
2. As a kid I was a dark, tall and lanky girl sporting a boy cut. So I easily gelled in with the guys and people who didnt know us mostly never noticed that I was a girl playing with the boys.The game I have thoroughly enjoyed as a kid was 'Gully Cricket' with my boy gang. I stood taller than most boys of my age and often managed to boss over them. I was thus always the Captain of my cricket team.
3. I have a huge collection of HotWheels Cars with a petrol pump set up and garage. I still treasure them. I hated Barbie dolls but did possess 3 out of peer pressure from those twins. I felt very silly though attending the girl's Barbie Doll partys.
4. I had never entered the kitchen until after my mother passed away. When she was around I dint help her in the kitchen at all. In fact I dint even know how the gas knobs were operated and was clueless about boiling water too.
5. Though I was obviously very Tom Boyish at my school too, I never felt like I was fish out of water. In fact I took all my boyish talents and tales of my escapades to school and had quite a fan following there. I walked the ramp dressed like a guy at inter-school fashion shows and danced as the male in the pair at inter-school dance competitions. I also compered shows at school functions dressed in blazers acting as the male host!
6. I adore Men's perfumes and after shave lotions more than the girly floral ones.
7. I dont like wearing punjabi suits excpet for extremely ethnic occassions like at Diwali. I still dont know how to drape the saree on my own and thus I dont prefer wearing one to weddings.
8. I hate to gossip with the gals and feel left out when there is too much girly chatter around since I can never contribute much. My topics of discussion and interest still remain guyish till date, mostly cars, cell phones, etc.
9. I hate to attend kitty partys and regret attending the few pajama partys I'd attended in my school days.
10. At partys you'll find me grooving BINDASS to the music. I cant be the coy, demure, seductive girl on the dance floor. I love to ROCK it!!!
11. I love Black Stallions and dream of learning to ride a horse some day and maybe own a ranch myself! :))
This Tag is open to all my readers. Go ahead and confess!
Have you SAGS too?